Tuesday, March 1, 2011

skytrain thoughts

On the way down:
Train was fairly busy, not packed, but pretty full. I grabbed a seat near the door and settled in for the ride. Within minutes this chick, seated across the aisle from me, pulls out a huge Tupperware Container full of canned tuna and rice...she had a choice to make. First of all, the weather was windy and rainy, so the windows were closed. Secondly, there weren't any other seats available.
Let me tell you, this chick dug in like a savage. I don't know if she was oblivious to the situation, or if she was so hungry that she cared not for her surroundings.
It was a trip watching the other commuters shoot her a look and scan for options. They were thinking what I was thinking; "What is this chick thinking? Is there another seat open somewhere further from the epicenter? Can I open the window...ventilation?"
I didn't time her tuna-fest, but I'm guessing she ate for roughly 5 minutes. It was tough, definitely a point for "drive downtown and skip that mess". I realize everyone has different tolerances for different odors, however, there's also commonsense and consideration.

On the way back:
A thought crystallized for me...I had the general understanding in place but today was the day I understood my understanding.
The deeper you are as a presence, the deeper you can go with others, yet remain proportionately unrevealed.
hhmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment